Discover the best of Yorkshire with this Yorkshire travel guide.
Yorkshire is a vast and surprising country with warm people, breathtaking landscapes, incredible historical sites and fabulous food. There’s so much to see and do – this Yorkshire travel guide is here to help you as you start planning your visit to Yorkshire.
Fast Facts About Yorkshire
Capital: Leeds (West Yorkshire), York (North Yorkshire, Hull (East Yorkshire), Sheffield (South Yorkshire)
Population: 5.4 million (2022)
Currency: British Pounds (GBP)
Government: Constitutional monarchy
International dialling code: +44
Power voltage: 240 V 50Hz; Plug G
Yorkshire Travel Guides
- Leeds – Awesome Things To Do + 1, 2 & 3 Day Itinerary
- Leeds – Discover 21 Of The Best & Most Instagrammable Places
- Leeds – How To Visit Harewood House – Know What To See & Do BEFORE Your Visit
- Ripon – 13 Best Things To Do In Ripon – A Tiny City To Love
- Ripon – 11 Fantastic Things To Do Near Ripon
- 15 Wonderful Things To Do In York At Christmas 2022
- 14 Exciting Things To Do In York At Night
- A Wonderful 2-Day Weekend In York. What To Do + Where To Eat & Stay
- 16 Fantastic Day Trips From York UK That You Will Love
Towns and Villages
- 13 Best Things To Do In Harrogate Yorkshire
- The Unique Turkish Baths In Harrogate – The Ultimate Spa!
- 10 Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Harrogate Yorkshire You Will Love
Castles, Abbeys & Cathedrals
- Visiting Skipton Castle – A Great Yorkshire Castle
- Learn The Secrets Of Spofforth Castle
- 5 Loveliest Things To See & Do Near Ripley Castle
- 5 Sensational Things to do on the Harewood Castle Walk
- Bolton Abbey In Yorkshire: 8 Awesome Things To Do
- Top 6 Things You Should See When Visiting Fountains Abbey
Food and Drink
- Must-Try Yorkshire Food – The 17 Best Things To Eat & Drink
- A Tasting, Tour And Tea At The Yorkshire Heart Vineyard
- Gin Tasting in Yorkshire – A Sensational Gin Distillery Tour
Art & Culture
- Secret Yorkshire: How To Visit The Coldstones Cut
- 34 Inspirational Quotes About Yorkshire You’ll Love
- How To Visit Spurn Point – Yorkshire’s Amazing ‘Land’s End’
The Best Ways To Get Around Yorkshire
Getting to Yorkshire: Yorkshire is served by Leeds Bradford with flights to multiple European destinations. The nearest international airports are Manchester and Edinburgh.
You can check for the best flights to Yorkshire on Skyscanner.
The best way to travel around Yorkshire is by train; however, many of the small rural villages and most beautiful places are not served by public transport, and you may need to drive or hire a taxi/Uber to visit these.
Best Time To Visit Yorkshire
Yorkshire is typically warm and often wet in the summer. It can be cold in the winter, so the best time to visit Yorkshire is between April and October.
Springtime is particularly pretty, as the Yorkshire Dales are dotted with baby lambs, spring flowers burst forth, and trees are heavy with blossom.
Yorkshire Travel Guide: Best Booking Resources
Over the years, I’ve tried lots of different travel companies and resources. Here are the ones that have consistently delivered excellent service and great prices. I trust and use all of these personally – so I recommend them.
- Booking.com: This is my go site when comparing accommodation prices. It usually has the best prices, and it’s easy to find and book accommodation. You’re guaranteed the best price, and cancellation is free too.
- Get Your Guide: I love and rely on Get Your Guide for day trips – there are more than 30,000 activities in 7500 destinations, so there are plenty of choices.
- World Nomads Insurance: When travelling, you need travel insurance. I’ve found that World Nomads provide the best cover.
Yorkshire Travel Guide: Latest Articles
Browse all of our Yorkshire Travel Guides here.